En:PowerDNS with Poweradmin Interface
PowerDNS is a DNS server, written in C++ and licensed under the GPL. The current version in entropy is 3.1. It's a product of the Dutch company PowerDNS.COM BV, with numerous contributions from the Open Source community. There are many independent projects to create management interfaces for PowerDNS, including PowerAdmin, PDNSOps, PowerDNS on rails and JPower Admin and even a drupal module called PowerAdmin. The following instructing describes, how you can install the PowerDNS nameserver with MySQL backend and the Poweradmin control panel for PowerDNS.
Run as root:
equo install net-dns/pdns-3
If you're interested, please ask BlackNoxis on the forums. He wants to engage Gentoo/Sabayon users in this project. At the moment he plans on supporting this project on RogentOS, a Sabayon fork. You can get the latest poweradmin version there, too. See Link section below for further details.
- Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poweradmin
- PowerDNS and Poweradmin: http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-powerdns-with-mysql-backend-and-poweradmin-on-centos-5.2
- Latest poweradmin for RogentOS: http://pkg.rogentos.ro/~rogentos/distro/
- Poweradmin: http://drupal.org/project/poweradmin
- PowerDNS page: http://www.powerdns.com/content/home-powerdns.html
- PowerDNS manual: http://rtfm.powerdns.com/
- PowerDNS wiki: http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac
- PowerDNS hosting: https://www.powerdns.net/en/default.aspx
- PowerDNS geo backend: http://doc.powerdns.com/geo.html